Rustic Pumpkin Pancakes
Makes 6-8 pancakes
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour (can use 1 cup white if you do not have whole wheat)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (can use dairy or soy milk)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted and cooled (can use butter if you do not have coconut oil)
1. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar in medium bowl.
2. Whisk pumpkin and egg together in a small bowl. Add the milk, vanilla, and coconut
oil. Whisk until smooth.
3. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and fold until just combined. A few lumps
4. Heat skillet or frying pan to medium-low. Using approximately 1/4 cup of batter for each,
cook pancakes until golden brown, flipping once, about 2-3 minutes per side.
5. Serve with butter and pure maple syrup.
I like to top my pancakes with sliced bananas! I know it sounds weird but don't knock it until you try it! It is a great way to get your potassium and they taste so delicious layered on the pumpkin pancakes and swirled in cinnamon, butter, and maple syrup. Cody, on the other hand, likes his with pancakes topped with peanut butter. I think that goes way back and was learned from his Uncle Pat! Peanut butter is a must for his waffles and pancakes! I have taken a few bites of his and it is pretty amazing! However you like to top your pancakes I hope you enjoy these pumpkin pancakes as much as we do!